Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy 10th Birthday Travis!

Dear Travis,

Ten years ago today, at exactly 13:13 on June 13th...you made me a mother when your 8lb 9oz, 22" long little body made its appearance into this world screaming like crazy. You changed my life in a way I never expected, and I have loved every minute of being your mom. At 10 years old, you are 4'8" tall and weigh about 71 pounds. I firmly believe there is not an ounce of fat on your body. You are one lean kid! You are so athletic, and baseball and running are your current favorite sports. You also enjoy basketball and golf and cub scouts. One year left of both elementary school and cub scouts! Fishing is your other love, and I think you'd fish in a mud puddle if you had the opportunity, because you love it just that much. You know more stuff about boats and fishing than I will probably ever know in my entire life, and you are only 10! You love being outdoors and being active.

You work very hard in school, and get great grades, and we are so proud of you for all that you do. You are kind and compassionate to others, and have no tolerance for those that try to bully others. Your teachers love you and constantly tell us what a great example you set for others, and that just makes my heart swell with pride. You still struggle from time to time with backaches and headaches from your spinal syrinx, and we deal with those when they occur, but very very rarely does that ever slow you down. At 10, you have already completed two 5K races with great times. Currently, you and I go running together and you chatter my ears off about anything and everything as we run along.  And we laugh together about how we pour water all over ourselves, because we don't want to stop to take a sip, so we do it while we are running and it goes everywhere.

Your first 5 years, you enjoyed as an only child. Then, along came Riley. And while I knew you would be a good big brother, and love him, I had no idea just how GREAT a big brother you would be! Riley worships the ground you walk on, and for good reason. You are so good to him. Sure, sometimes, the two of you bicker with each other, but that is rare. You take such good care of him, and play with him and tolerate his busting up your lego creations and all the other little things that he does that could easily upset you. You are teaching him all about how to play baseball, and when he starts t-ball this fall, your efforts will be noticed, I am sure.

Today, for your 10th birthday, we have a big surprise for you...yesterday, we whisked you and your good buddy Miller away to Charlotte, and you two had no idea it was going to happen. You were both basically told to get in the car and ride. Last night, we went to see Madagascar 3 and stayed in a hotel. This morning, for the day of your 10th birthday, we are going to Carowinds, which is a theme park that is full of ROLLER COASTERS and other rides and a water park also. Saturday, we will have your party where everyone else will celebrate you with us.

It's been a great 10 years buddy. I am so proud of the boy you have become, and you make me more and more proud every day.

I love you the mostest,
Mom

Here is a video look at 10 years of Travis, in 4.5 minutes. Enjoy!

Travis is 10! from Lindsey Souza on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the video! Many happy birthday wishes for Travis' 10th birthday! Hope you are enjoying Carowinds, Travis! Love you, "Mama"

Anonymous said...

Wow, Travis! Happy birthday! It's so hard to believe you are 10 already. I hope you are riding some roller coasters for me. I do love them!!! Love, Debbie and Gary and Annaleigh

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails