Sunday, February 21, 2010

Showing Respect

So I said I had something.....special. Some of you won't get the full significance of it. But here it is!

This Carolina Girl knows no better way to pay her respects than this....


Thank you Duke Medical Center, Duke Children's Pediatric Surgery team, Duke Pediatric Gastroenterology, and all the fantabulous nurses that have taken SUCH great care of Riley Bear, for saving AND fixing him. It may have taken 16.5 months to do it, but whats a year and half compared to a lifetime of being "normal"?

(PS: Riley is doing ok. Obviously not 100%, probably not even 75%, but he's doing ok)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, You said it so well. I also say a big thank you to Duke Medical Center, the surgical team, and the nurses who took such great care of little Riley. God Bless you and your family. Love, Pauline

Anonymous said...

Love it, Lindsey!!! I thank all of them as well. We love you, Riley. Love, Debbie and Gary

Rachael Pinsker said...

I am truly honored to have taken care of Riley and your family. While I am soo sorry what you guys have gone through I am happy to have met you. I hope we are forever friends.I know these pictures were painful for you Lindsey. I love you guys so much for taking these pictures!

Love,
Nurse Rachael

*super dude and super dog* said...

You are feeling like you going to hurl (from your Twitter feed) b/c you are wearing a Duke shirt!

I'm proud of you. It was hard for this Carolina girl to wear a Duke shirt, too. At least mine was green b/c I refused to Duke blue. :)

It's a wonderful picture of a wonderful family. I agree with Rachael in that I am sorry you had to go through this but we are honored to have met you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails