- A happy memory: He chose the camouflage tote bag I made for him and filled with goodies as a big brother gift, "because that is when Riley was born and I became a big brother!".
- A funny memory: He chose one of his little foam darts that go in his nerf dart gun because he has "LOTS of funny memories of shooting daddy and all sorts of people with my dart guns"! We had to agree on that one!
- A sad memory: He asked for a picture of Riley, sick, and at Duke because " he was sick and far away and that made me really sad".
- A memory from long ago: He chose a railroad spike from the first time we went camping with the Pope family and went walking on the railroad tracks.
- A memory more precious than gold: once I explained what "more precious than gold" meant, he IMMEDIATLY said "mommy, I need you to print me another picture....when Riley came home!!".
I'm so proud of him. And just to make me even MORE proud of him, today was report card day...and he had an EXCELLENT report card! Way to go buddy! He continues to LOVE cub scouts. In fact...here he is, fresh from walking in the door from scouts tonight, all sweaty, with his jacket hanging from his head, holding his new marshmallow shooter gun he made in scouts tonight!
Riley has been his typical self....cute, sweet, and full of mystery.
He has been completely off bottles (weaned himself cold turkey) for several weeks now.
Having fun outside
You can't tell from this picture, but he is crying softly, because I rolled his ball too far away. It was so pitiful.