Today is your very first birthday! I am in such shock that you are a year old. But I am oh so proud of you big boy. You have endured so much in your first year of life, and yet, here you are today, so full of life and happiness. The first thing mommy did when she opened her eyes this morning was thank God that I have the opportunity to celebrate your birthday with you today.
At one year old, you:
- Tip the scales at somewhere between 17 and 18 pounds. We'll have that number firmed up soon, but for right now, that will have to do.
- You are about 30 inches long.
- You still wear size 3-6 month clothes!! But for fall, we are making the move to 6-9 month, because you are getting too long for one piece 3-6 month sized stuff.
- You say Mama, Dada, Bye Bye, NoNo and maybe buh buh for brother.
- You use your hand to point out everything and say oooooh real excitedly when you do it.
- You now HATE your sippy cup and I think you'd let yourself starve before you would accept any sort of anything from a sippy cup.
- You have become a table food eating machine. You start saying NoNoNo when you see jars of baby food.
- You have FINALLY, at the age of one, learned how to crawl. As in literally, just the past couple of days.
- You have started cruising the furniture again.
- Since coming home from the hospital, you HATE baths. No matter what way I try to give you one...in the tub, with or without sitting in water, in the sink, in the baby tub.....no matter, you SCREAM bloody murder through it. You used to love baths. Kind of stumped as to what is gong on there.
- You are STILL a mommy's boy. Boy, oh boy, are you ever a mommy's boy.
- You hate sleeping in your crib. That's not new. You have resorted to pulling up to your knees, so that you look like your in jail, and crying while peeking through the crib bars. You also will say NoNoNo Mama when I put you in there. Heartbreaker.
- You have 3 teeth. 2 on the bottom, and 1 up top finally. There are 3 others up top that are on their way in, and 2 on the bottom. It's a wonder you aren't dehydrated from all the drooling you do.
- You have started napping in the middle of the floor. You will just stop what your doing, flop over and out you go. I kind of just let you do it. See the comment about hating to sleep in your crib. And you seem to sleep more soundly that way, and aren't as sensitive to sounds when you do. Weird.
- You still poke, prod, tug and yank on your ears when you are tired, bothered or upset.
- You are still a paci fanatic.
You are loved more than you will ever ever ever ever EVER realize.
We will be celebrating Riley's first year of life next weekend, and I'm sure there will be more to be said then. However, here are just a few pictures from his actual birthday today!