Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ooops!

Ok. So I typed up this great big post last night and clicked publish, except now, I realize, it didn' t post, and it didn't save. Sorry!

So I guess I'll update for yesterday and today!

Riley has ROCKED some recovery yesterday and today.

He has been eating his normal volume of formula both days so far. Granted, it's a smaller volume on a more frequent schedule, but they (nor I) care HOW it gets in him, as long as it gets in him, to keep up his hydration. They are very pleased with his feeding progress. SO FAR...no vomiting! It hasn't helped his weight any yet, he is holding steady at 17 pounds. His legs look VERY long and skinny now, because of course he didn' t loose any length, just weight.

He has been doing well taking his antibiotic by mouth. By that I mean, he hasn't vomited it up (so far...fingers crossed). He isn't real happy about taking it though, but its in a syringe, and I have lots of practice giving meds to him that way, so as long as he doesn't start vomiting it up, we should be ok with the antibiotic.

His incision is still draining, although the type of output has changed and it isn't draining as much as it was. We have gone for several stroller rides yesterday and today and he goes with me down to the ice machine when I go now. I gave him a little sponge bath last night. The first he's had in a little over two weeks. I soaped and scrubbed his head really well though. The rest of his body I had to kind of be careful about due to that somewhat open incision and where he had his line removed yesterday. He splashed around in the little tub of water and I had to cover his wounds to keep them from getting too wet!

He has been sitting up really well, and is all smiles and giggles. He socializes with the medical staff now, and most enjoys showing them his Get Well Soon balloon that has spongebob on it from Travis. He points it out to every person that comes to his bedside. We haven't seen surgery yet this evening, but they were very pleased with him this morning. Praying Riley keeps up the good work!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Wonderful! Just the kind of news I've been yearning to read about you, little Riley. Happy Moments! Many Hugs to you, Pauline

Anonymous said...

Great news. I am glad Riley has been doing good today. Keep it up, Riley!! Take care, Debbie and Gary

michelle said...

It is always good to hear positive news! Keeping you all in our prayers!

Michelle, Scott, Jason, & Braden

Cindy said...

So good to hear! Amazing should be his middle name! Travis looks adorable to!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails