Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday pictures

Not much else happened today other than what I posted earlier. More blood work in the morning and the 48 hours the blood and urine culture need will be up, so we'll know if they showed anything.

He began acting hungry again today, rooting around like crazy. I teased him some. Mean mommy that I am. It was cute though :o) Another early night for me from the hospital. I need to do some laundry so he will have clean clothes to wear and get the bouncy seat cover that he puked on washed up so I can take that in tomorrow. The nurses have been very nice and accomodating here so far. They pretty much let us take care of him while we are there and they come in just when they have to do something to him. Otherwise, we are free to do as we please (within reach of his wires). I like that. I think, the fact that we only have a well baby nursery and a NICU is good for people with a baby like Riley. Duke's NICU, is used to primarily real early preemies. So they tend to treat things in that way...but we have a full term baby. Who is able to be held and have his diaper changed by someone other than a nurse, etc. Duke has a NICU, a special care nursery, a transitional care nursery and a well baby nursery. Shew! My point is I imagine most full termers go to one of the other nurseries if they have some slight issues. that is my theory at least.

Something I forgot to add last night....Jay's grandma and Aunt had Riley blessed by a Bishop earlier this week. They took a picture of Riley to him, explained that he was sick, etc, and the Bishop blessed him and said a special prayer for him.


All nice and clean (smelled better too!)


i LOVE these stretches. Love love love them.


He totally looks like he's faking here I think


Hooray for Travis! Riley loves him. Wakes right up and starts cooing.


Mema


Granddaddy talking about feeding him ribeyes and baked potatoes.


This is what makes my world go round right here




Oh, that outfit Riley has on....that is what Travis came home from the hospital in.

So that's all for tonight. I'm tired. Gotta round up some laundry and get that washed and dried and wash and sterilize pump parts (I'm so sick of washing pump parts!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures, especially the one of Travis and Riley...I can see why that one makes "your world go round"! So glad Riley is doing so well. Take care, Love, Pauline

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, I know, but it is worth saying again. Riley is so precious, and he is just soooo cute. I am in love with his tiny little mouth. He has the sweetest little lips, so perfect! He sure does stare at Travis. You can tell that they already have a special bond! Also, Lindsey, you look fantastic for someone who has gone through all that you have in the last month. God bless your strength sweetheart, you are a wonderful Mommy!
Love, Dale

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails